Reserve Classic, Rico's most revolutionary cut, is unfiled and features a narrower blank taper and more gradual tip shape, offering the most precise articulation and flexibility. The Reserve Classic reed is suited for a wide range of symphonic and solo playing styles, and has a dark sound with a wide color palette. Reserve Classic reeds are made from thick blank, lower-internode cane; lower-internode cane comes from the first four tubes of the cane stalk, yielding greater consistency from reed to reed.
- Designed by clarinetists for clarinetists, in collaboration with Mark Nuccio, Acting Principal Clarinetist of the New York Philharmonic
- Gradual tip shape, adding more tonal warmth; traditional tip thickness for a quick articulation
- Special cane treatment process that helps reduce reed warping
- Like the Reserve line, uses only the densest, lower-internode cane for longer durability and consistency
- Offered in boxes of 10 and 25
- Available in half strengths, from 2.0 to 4.5, with special 3.5+ and 4.0+ strengths